I think December is the month you can get away with eating about a hundred cookies a day. Cookies with hot chocolate, cookies with warm milk, cookies with tea, cookies for breakfast… and of course cookies to serve when hosting a festive Christmas party. This cookie recipe is easy and quick so you don’t have to be in the kitchen all day but you are able to enjoy being with your friends and family.
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 315g plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Combine the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the brown and caster sugars in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed. Add butter and blend until grainy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until light and fluffy.
- Whisk flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to sugar mixture, mixing at low speed just long enough to combine. Overmixing makes tough cookies!
- Roll dough into 2.5cm balls, then roll each ball into cinnamon-sugar to coat. Place cookies on ungreased baking trays and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from trays and allow to cool on wire racks.
Thankyou so much for reading. Let me know what you think and if you’d like to try these out yourself! I had so much fun making these even more eating them but that is besides the point.. have a lovely day.
Lots of love,
ps. Be sure to check out Christmas Party Snacks, delicious and easy as well!